Friday, July 18, 2008

Radio poised for a comeback

Maswood Alam Khan
The most punishing episode in one's life is 'to wait' uncertainly for something pleasant to happen: to wait for the postman to deliver the letter from your sweet heart or for the traffic surgeon to give the green signal for your car to move ahead, for instance. Such punishments I have been enduring almost everyday at different crossings along my driving routes during my both morning and evening commutes. To distract my frustrations of such agonizing waits I, while driving, regularly tune in to FM 100 meter band over my car radio to listen to BBC English Service. Thus I got used to my 40 minutes bumper-to-bumper drive as a fatalistic matter of fact and have been using my commuting time to keep myself updated with the latest happenings around the world and scholarly views and analyses from erudite correspondents and guest speakers of BBC London.

Full story at :
http://nation.ittefaq.com/issues/2008/06/17/news0624.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment